Hundreds of world’s brightest students will arrive to the University of Minnesota soon, and they are hungry for genuine friendships. If you have an extra room in your home that you are willing to share for a week, you can enjoy a very rewarding volunteer experience that can impact eternity. Host families promise to do 5 things:
- Meet the student at the airport.
- Provide the student with basic hospitality for 1-7 days in July or August.
- Assist, as able and as needed, in transportation to U of M campus, getting a bank account, cell phone, and apartment.
- Bring student to visit HCC.
- Pray for the student
WHY SHOULD YOU HOST A STUDENT?
- Staying somewhere for free can meet a need while international students wait for their dorm or residence to open.
- There is freedom for you to represent Christ boldly and openly. Praying before a meal and attending church fellowships can set a valuable example.
- As a host family, you will develop a meaningful relationship with the international student(s) you are hosting.
- Hosting is a great opportunity to reach out to international students while they may feel vulnerable and uncertain in a strange, new place.